Stolt Sea Farm operates 15 land-based farms. Seven in Spain and one each in Iceland, France, Portugal and Norway produce Prodemar™ turbot and sole. The farms have an annual production capacity of 5,700 tonnes of turbot and 850 tonnes of sole.
Stolt Sea Farm delivers a continuous supply of high quality seafood to its customers worldwide.
Our success is a direct result of our proven ability to develop innovative technologies and techniques that enable us to provide the best products the market has to offer, while minimising our impact on the environment.
We are proud of the pioneering role Stolt Sea Farm has played—and continues to play—in the development of sustainable fish farming.
Stolt Sea Farm consists of eight operational units:
- Hatcheries carry out the first and most delicate life phase of the Prodemar™ turbot and sole; all Stolt Sea Farm hatcheries are located in Galicia, Spain.
- Production takes place at the company’s 11 inland farms: seven in Galicia, Spain and one each in Hafnir, Iceland; Tocha, Portugal; Anglet, France; and Oye, Norway.
- Research, Development and Applied Innovation has always been key driver of our success. The quality and performance systems on our farms are largely attributable to the innovative techniques developed by our highly qualified R&D team.
- Quality and Environment ensures that standards of quality and environmental safety are upheld at all times and in every area of our business.
- Commercial markets our Prodemar™ turbot and sole in different sizes to fish wholesalers and supermarket chains based in Europe, particularly Spain, Italy, France, Scandinavia, Germany, Switzerland and USA.
- Engineering of Projects oversees the development of new projects and facilitates the transfer of technology among our production centres. Innovation is continuous. The latest example is the use of tunnel boring machines for water inlets, which we applied for the first time in the industry and pioneered through this department.
- Logistics ensures all clients receive orders promptly and that a direct link is always maintained between Production and our customers.
- Administration and Finance has responsibility for general management, human resources, and accounting and finance.
For product enquiries please contact our offices, or send an email to: [email protected].