Fair treatment and welfare of seafarers
Stolt Tanker’s commitment to the fair treatment and welfare of its seafarers is supported by compliance with mandated standards from several international agreements, conventions and processes. We also provide our seafarers with benefits, resources and support that make service aboard our ships both attractive and valued by our officers and crew. These include:
• Medical insurance for all first-degree family members
• Exercise equipment or gyms on all ships
• Daily internet access for all seafarers
• Engagement and development of outstanding cadets for life-long careers at Stolt-Nielsen
• Career counselling, guidance and management, emphasising continuous employment to ensure high levels of expertise
• State-of-the-art and focused safety and operational training programmes
• Empowerment of Ship Management Teams (SMTs) to drive pride of ownership.
Stolt Tankers’ ships operate with valid International Transport Workers’ Federation Union (ITF) agreements (collective bargaining agreements) for all seafarers onboard. We also operate in conformance with the Seafarers’ Bill of Rights of the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC), the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW), the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), and the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL). Compliance is verified through Port State Control and Flag State Inspections.