At Stolt Tankers, sustainability is central to our strategy and operations.
We recognise that how we conduct business impacts our industry, our colleagues, our external stakeholders and the environment. Sustainability is therefore a key part of our strategy and day-to-day operations and ranges from reducing emissions and improving safety to supporting employee wellbeing.
The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provide a framework for governments, businesses and individuals to work to, creating a better future for both people and the planet.
At Stolt Tankers, we have identified two SDGs which we can contribute to and which are important to our stakeholders.
To support our efforts in these two areas, we have developed a bold sustainability vision with five key pillars:
1. Sustainability is a core business priority
2. We will become sustainability pioneers in the maritime world
3. We will push the maritime industry to do better and to strive for a more sustainable operating environment
4. We operate an inclusive environment for all of our staff to be involved in our sustainability journey
5. We will transform and evolve to become world class in our industry
These five pillars form the core of our sustainability activities from our health, safety and environmental performance, to the way we manage our assets, make investment decisions and recruit and develop our people.